Servings: 2 (maybe 3, but this was a 2 for me).
2 medium zucchini, cut into small chunks
1 cup grape tomatoes
5 oz baby bella mushrooms, cut into small chunks
1 red onion, chopped
2-3 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-1 1/2 cups farro (Trader Joe's has 10 minute farro bags which are each 1 1/2 cups)
2-3 ounces fontina cheese, cut into small cubes
1-2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 cup shredded chicken (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine 2 chopped zucchini, 1 cup grape tomatoes, 4 oz chopped mushrooms, 1 chopped red onion, and 2-3 tsps garlic in a large bowl.
- Either: (1) add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper, toss until all vegetables are coated, and spread on a lined baking sheet; or (2) spread out the vegetables on a lined baking sheet and then spray with an olive oil spray and then season with salt and pepper (I like this option because I think it means I use less oil, but who knows if that's really true).
- Bake vegetables for about 25 minutes, stirring a couple times.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook 1 to 1 1/2 cups of farro according to instructions and then drain.
- Combine the farro with the vegetables.
- Stir in 2-3 oz cubed fontina and 2-3 tbsps chopped parsley
- Whisk together 2 tbsps olive oil and 1 tbsps balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle oil and vinegar mixture over farro mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Hey! Psst! Come here girls, I want to take a photo.
Adapted from theKitchn.