Servings: 4 (but I ate this for two meals)
2 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4 scallions, chopped
1 pound frozen shrimp, peeled, deveined, and thawed
1 small zucchini, halved and chopped
5 ounces mushrooms, chopped (I like baby bella)
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking spray (or olive oil)
- Heat a large nonstock skillet over medium-high heat. Spray skillet with cooking spray or heat some olive oil.
- Add 2 chopped potatoes (scrub the potatoes well when you clean them and leave the skin on when you chop them) and cook for 12-14 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender inside and browned and crisp on the outside.
- Add 1 teaspoon crushed garlic, 1 chopped zucchini, 5 oz chopped mushrooms, and 4 chopped scallions (sometimes if I have extra chopped yellow onion I add that too because I love onions!). Cook for about 5 minutes or until zucchini and mushrooms are tender and then transfer to a plate and return empty skillet to stovetop.
- Spray pan again with cooking spray (or use oil) and add 1 lb shrimp and 2 tsp curry powder to skillet. Stir occasionally until all shrimp are cooked and coated with the curry.
- Add back the cooked vegetables to the skillet and toss with the shrimp until everything is coated with the curry powder.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mmmm now dig in and enjoy!
Adapted from Martha Stewart.