Servings: 2-6 (depends on how you're eating this as an entree or side dish)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup red onion, chopped
2 cups halved grape tomatoes
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups cucumbers, chopped (I like the Trader Joe's persian cucumbers)
1/4 kalamata olives, chopped
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon thyme
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
A couple notes:
- I also threw in a couple handfuls of chopped green onions that I had leftover from another dish. I know this dish already has red onions but I love onions of all kind and can't get enough of them! Use whatever vegetables you like for additions or substitutions)
- This dish was very flavorful and pungent in a good way but if you want it less strong, decrease the herbs and garlic a bit. Also if you have fresh herbs and the patience to chop them, then definitely use them instead of the dried ones! I love fresh herbs, but I got lazy and the dried herbs here were still delicious!
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 4 minced garlic cloves and whisk together.
- In a large bowl mix together 2 cans chickpeas, 3/4 chopped red onion, 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives, 1 tbsp parsley, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp thyme, 1 cup feta cheese, 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, 2 cups chopped cucumbers, 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper.
- Drizzle the vinegar dressing over the chickpea salad, toss well, and enjoy!
The entire time I was prepping the salad my pugs were like this:
Sorry girls, you can't have any! But please come closer and stay still for a second while I taunt you with the food so that I can take some photos.
Adapted from My Recipes.